It's Lent. And we just finished Mardi Gras. On this episode, Chad and Drew have a conversation about getting ready for Lent and traditions before Ash Wednesday. We also have a conversation with Dr. David Fitch from Northern Seminary in Chicago.
Our conversations include:
- Joshua is skiing.
- Youth group ski trips.
- Movie censorship.
- Mardi Gras.
- Shrove Tuesday.
- King Cake.
- Fat Tuesday and the Filthy Fifty.
- Shrove Tuesday or Fat Tuesday is the liturgical version of the classic Beatles or Stones question.
- David Fitch.
- Theology of Sacramental Presence.
- How the presence of Christ manifests in places.
- How are sacraments turned outward.
- A little fasting goes a long way.
- The whole church needs more Lent.
- You will not have a you that is a me without the us.
- How have you become reconciled back to Christ for the purpose of this world?
- Living as reconcilers.
- We pray to "our" Father, not "my" Father.
- Different versions of the "presence" of Christ as subjective, experimental or a social reality.
- Sin in the camp effects the camp (exodus).
- Peacemaking and reconciling.
- Do we believe in reconciliation or do we do reconciliation?
- What does Lent look like for the sake of other people?
- Lent and communal sins.
- Church Calendar (as Christendom).
- Communal Penitence.
- Lent as a prophetic presence.
- It can't just be purple stuff.
- Post-modern reality is a reality of community.
- Lent as the presence of Christ.
- Christ is a social constructor NOT a social construct.
- David Fitch and his Facebook skills.
Find and interact with David Fitch @fitchest and MissioAlliance
Direct download: TTF_82_mixdown.mp3
-- posted at: 12:00am CST