In this episode, the Threshing Floor talks all about Thanksgiving. We share traditions, memories and do a deep dive into the Biblical idea of the concept of Thanksgiving. Plus, plenty more great conversations from the thunderous three.
We talk about:
- Kids Snacks.
- Why coffee is better overseas.
- Pauly Shore.
- Pauly Shore as a sociological concept.
- Squirrel Brains.
- Board Games.
- Fried Moon Pies.
- What we love about thanksgiving.
- TTF gets thanksgiving.
- The Old Testament idea of thanksgiving.
- The power of acknowledgment.
- Thanksgiving as offering.
- The New Testament shift towards gratitude.
- Thankfulness in different cultures.
- Sentimentality as tradition.
- Someone doing something for you that you can't do yourself.
- Acknowledging powerlessness.
- Thankfulness NOT entitlement.
- Sentimentality without deep revelation
- Learning to be a thankful people.
- Twitter feedback.
- Tract as a verb. (tracted?)
- Do you use a rosary or prayer beads?
Direct download: TTF75_mixdown.mp3
-- posted at: 12:00am CST